Homemade by Hail title pic

Homemade by Hail title pic

Sunday 6 December 2015

Christmas wreath

Looking around shops for a Christmas wreath this year, I couldn't find one I liked or thought that they were very expensive for what they looked like. So I made my own this year!

I bought a plain fake wreath from B&Q for £4:



My hubby and me then went to a few country lanes, only 5 mins from where we live, and picked some holly, fir and ivy:


I started by adding the fir around the back of the wreath, then I added the holly around the front of the wreath and the ivy closer to the middle. I attached a red bow and some gold sprayed fir cones which, again, we kept from our Christmas wedding last year. I took the fir cones out of the table displays and the bows were decorating the room in various places. I actually used a bow on the mirror above my fireplace as well - very satisfying that the inside and outside decs match! Anyway here is the completed wreath:




This is my first ever attempt at a homemade wreath, so I'd love to hear your opinions!

Here is a wreath that you can buy from Homebase for £12.99 (and the link to buy incase - got to be fair!) and my wreath next to it. Dont mean to be biased, but I much prefer mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment