Homemade by Hail title pic

Homemade by Hail title pic

Monday 14 December 2015

My First Stocking!

My step-daughter asked for a stocking with her name on it this year. I had already bought an iron on letter A (this first letter of her name) from Cath Kidston, with the view to making something for her, but didn't know what. Perfect - a stocking! 



I was going to do this as a step-by-step, but as it being my first stocking, it was very trial and error. I used red and white felt found on the remnants table in C&H - always worth looking there first. Here are a few pics of the process:


I started with a cardboard template. When I make more stocking they will all be the same size.


I drew a line around the template onto the material, but with the template facing the same way. This means that the line on one side of the stocking will show. Like I said - trial and error. 


I'm pleased with the result for a first time though, and will definitely make more in the future!


Let me know what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment