Homemade by Hail title pic

Homemade by Hail title pic

Monday 31 August 2015

DIY mix and match photo frames

The living room has finally had a fresh lick of paint - no more bright red!! We choose an earthy cream colour for the main walls, and will be adding the green to the alcoves either side of the fireplace. 



I have also finished the frames! I had a frame draw - a draw full of mismatched boring frames. Here's what they looked like before:


As you can see, a few of the frames had pics in and a few didn't. I used the same green Valspar spray paint that I used for the top of the coffee table and the lanterns. I spray painted them outside on a large piece of cardboard. 


I am really pleased with the results! I used picture hanging hooks from B&Q and just tapped them in lightly until I could see that I was happy with the design. I did have to move all the frames up slightly as they came down quite low in the end. Once I was happy with the design, I hammered the hooks in fully. Here's the final result:


You'll notice that there's no pics in them yet - My hubs didn't want personal photos to go up on the blog :-)

And here's the before and after of the living room wall:



With the cream carpet we have ordered, and new white doors on the way as well, the room is starting to look so different! I'm really pleased with the result, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment