Homemade by Hail title pic

Homemade by Hail title pic

Monday 5 September 2016

Aromatherapy Heat Pack

Whilst on holiday in Cornwall this year my mum suffered from a stiff neck and severe headache, which she often gets. At the time I said to her "you need a heat pack!" Which reminded me that during my pregnancy I had planned to make my own aromatherapy heat pack to use on my lower back and I've finally got round to it today! I don't need it anymore, so it's a lil' gift for my mummy.

I used my sewing machine to create a simple long rectangle bag. I filled the bag with rice that had been soaked in lavender. Everyone knows the relaxing benefits of lavender so I won't go into that now! I also added freshly dried lavender from my garden. So not only is the heat pack a chemical free pain relief and muscle relaxant, it also has aromatherapy benefits. 



Here's Hubby testing it out, he said that the lavender kept his calm whilst working from home this afternoon. ;-)


If you or anyone you know is suffering with stress, pain in the body or is pregnant, I can highly recommend an aromatherapy heat pack. I would be happy to make more - xmas is coming up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment